View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 02:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you been positively diagnosed with Parkinsons?? or are they just taking your symptoms and saying it is Parkinsons?

I say this because I have CM1 and another condiiton similar to parkinsons called Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (DRD). Many of my symptoms from DRD mimic some of the Parkinsons symptoms. If you diagnosis of Parkinsons is not confirmed you many want to check into the DRD.

I have both DRD and CM1 along with having Spinal Fusion at C5&6 6&7 due to a disc that herniated into my spinal cord. There are definately days that I cannot tell what problem is causing which symptoms because they are all so closely related and can overlap. The ones I can tell for sure what they are from are symptoms that have been corrected from the two surgeries (decompression w/ laminectomy and duraplasty-Feb 08 and Spinal Fusion Nov 09) or by the Medication Sinemet I take for the DRD.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is in any way common to have two conditions but it is not impossible either. It is important with any chronic condition to always keep in mind when new symptoms appear that if could be caused by something else going on not just the ones you know about.

Beverley
Beverley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rose of his heart (07-25-2009)