View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 02:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=crombie00;540064]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyW View Post

Never thought about how pain can fog your brain up but it does make sense...Yeah she just tells me to tuck my chin,lower my shoulder, and pull my blades together while I'm doing the band exercises....she has never messed w/ my jaw only my neck,shoulder,back area..
I'm not sure what her specialty is but she does alot of sports injuries and I was referred by the Immediate Care Center that was next door to her business.
The shortness of breath is scary and I have become mildly claustraphobic due to fear of smothering...used to never even think about that stuff before!!It sucks!!
Yeah I too have found sitting to be a no-no esp for long periods...and comfort while doing it is hard to find.
Have you ever used a tennis ball to roll under your shoulder blade...read something about that somewhere....if so does it help any in that area?My clavicle hurts quite a bit at times...not sure what to do about that other than heat...and yes heat does seem to help.I'm going to buy a heating pad and was wondering what is the best?My Mom has a good one that vibrates,as well...not sure what brand it is..I'll have to ask her.
Again thanks so much for all you help...it certainly helps w/ the anxiety and worry about all this!!!You all are wonderful!!!!Glad I found this board!!!

Before i found this forum i felt very confused about tos and even thought that it may all be in my head - until i heard from others with the same or similar stories and a lot of understanding - even that in itself makes it a little more bearable!

i had a physio who had me lie on my front and lift my shoulders up off the coach and push my shoulder blades together - this used to make my shoulder blade wing out as it was too much of an intensive strengthener - i could tolerate it but didnt know how much good it was actually doing me.....sounds like your physio has a similar approach. Perhaps make some enquiries into a seasoned physio who has experience with tos?

i have just had botox into my scalenes - 2 days ago and the area is a little sore still and symptoms not really changed all that much yet but im looking at waiting a week or two before i see any differences, if any at all! The idea is to relax the muscles that run through the brachial plexus. Who know what will happen!

i hve used a ball for shoulder blade discomfort - it helps temporarily for me - any thing gentle like that is worth a try - remember nothing should ever make you hurt more - no pain, no gain - is not a really saying that works with tos.

i live in the uk so what i buy wouldnt be available in the US - what i have has 3 heat settings and a washable cover - invaluable for me!
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (07-24-2009)