View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Yeah, your dentist sounds like an arrogant jerk. It's not just the dentist and his tech that would be in danger of the vapors...your the one they're removing it from, you're breathing it in as they're removing it too.

My dentist suited up in face masks and paper gowns when she did my mercury fillings. She also had a thing called an isolite (think I'm spelling that right) that's like a high powered vacuum that sucks out the mercury vapors and debris that are released when they start drilling into an amalgam filling.

That was in addition to the suction tubes that dentists normally use for sucking up spit and things like that. She was trying to keep any of the amalgam she was removing from getting into my system or her and the tech's systems too. I pay a lot extra for having such a good dentist, but at least she makes me feel like she's trying to do things correctly.

My old dentist probably wouldnt have even considered removing all my amalgams that he put into me. (had an incident where he was a jerk to me and threw instruments across the room when I didnt numb up as fast as he wanted me to once. I'll never go back to the old dentist)

You could probably report your dentist to your local HHS (Health and Human Services) or to the AMA (American Medical Association...think that's the right place)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (07-24-2009)