View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 07:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart To Blue # 2

In re-reading your post, I see that you are only 26. Girl, you will have much more in life than what you have lost. You, too, will find your "perfect guy" and have a marriage. Remember, too, that memories are much more perfect than was the actual person. Remember the person's less-than-good qualities instead of dwelling on the good times that you are missing. If the "perfect girl" will have nothing to do with you, this reflects your importance to him. He will not be able to forget you, and chances are good that his time of regret for this situation will come. I, too, left someone with whom I had had a long-term relationship. He has moved on, but I have been in regret for more than 30 years! It sounds as though "your guy" has mishandled the termination of your relationship, and the person who wrongfully terminates a significant relationship is the one who is left with the regrets. In the end, the question will likely be, will you be ready to forgive if he gets up the courage to request forgiveness? The "perfection" of "the perfect girl" will very likely be erased by the marriage, and "your guy's" mistaken impulsivity will come to the fore. Try to be grateful that you are not the one in the wrong in this situation. billie
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (07-24-2009)