View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Laura, after having done Avonex and then Copaxone, I was offered Ty by two Neuro's.

One Neuro I had before it was pulled off the market, and then by another Neuro after it went back on the market. This was a Neuro who was approved for the "Touch" program. I said no both times.

I said I would volunteer to take MBP8298, but I got turned down for that in clinical trials because of my other auto-immune disorders, and I still had relapses.

So basically, I did no DMD's for two years. I stopped all MS medication too. I stopped off label drugs too, like Neurontin, Provigil, Amantadine, and Zanaflex. I even tried Lyrica. All off-label, but fine with MS doctors, weird huh? I felt shot at with needles and their symptoms, and doped up on drugs.

Then I went on another off-label drug LDN in 12-08. It works great for me.

My Neuro did say she was supposed to write approved for MS DMD drugs. I said, then why the other off-label drugs you have given to me? Hmm

She had my PCP write a script for LDN.

Laura, I am glad that you had control over what you chose to take or not to take. You go girl. They can offer drugs but it is up to you to make the final decision. There will be new drugs coming out soon anyway.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (07-25-2009)