View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for the information. I have read some and will read the rest.

DiMarie, I never thought about it aggravating the TOS. I do know the chip is put up near the neck area where the TOS problems are. That will be an issue I will talk to when I see the surgeon that will put it in. My PCP has some concerns about me having more problems from it but he also promised me that if it was approved by the FDA we would go after it.

I'm also not sure when but I will end up having my left side TOS surgery eventually and that might be a good ideal before I get the VNS put in. They sent me a tape which I got yesterday plus a lot of info on it so I am going to watch the tape and see how they put it in and what it does.

I'm just so tired of this depression. I'm just trying to find a way to have a better quality of life. Now that I don't have Bill I do know that I need something to help me get to a point to where I can get out of this house. I have a friend who lost her husband 6 years ago and she is a mess. Her daughter doesn't want me in the shape her Mom is in so she thinks this is a good ideal.

Nothing has helped my depression at all. I can't take the meds and I won't let them do the ECT on me. They have wanted to do it and my PCP won't let them either so we both agree on that. I'm just desperate for answers.

I just thought there might be someone on here that has had it implanted for depression. I will go to the other board and read though. Thanks for all of the good info.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote