View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 03:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWeave View Post
I'd drop kick this thing into the next decade but I'm not sure what to kick, and I'd probably break my foot trying.

All of our computers are super, super slow. We pay for DSL but what I'm getting right now is slower than dial up. What is wrong? Do I need to make a phone call or replace something?

All computers have current anti-virus protection. I dumped a bunch of no longer used programs off the kids computers. (It was stuff on discs they no longer play.) Email has been "checking" for 10 minutes now and still no new stuff. I know there is new mail waiting for me. I'm on DH's computer not my usual kid one.

I plan to start up a business online in the next few months. I can't do that with this slow an internet. Help before I lose what little bit is left on my sanity! Thanks.

I had a similar problem but looking at different web sites I realized that if I increase RAM (random access memory) it might solve the problem. I bought a card of extra memory --slotted it in and --hey presto --speedy PC once again-- I am almost a PC dummy ,not one of the experienced ones
jackie66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote