View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My kids have gone shopping with their dad to spend their money! I'm staying home making a big pot of ham and beans with the ham bone from Christmas dinner and playing in the sewing room. It's almost noon here and I'm still in my jammies and robe! Woo Hoo! I'm totally enjoying the day! Watching the cooking channel, flipping through my sewing books, and trying to decide what to spend my gift certificate at the fabric store on. Guess you can tell by my name that sewing is my passion. It keeps me sane.
My daughter just realized she can wear my pants this morning, so I think I had better make myself a few more pairs of slacks for work, as I think she is going to be taking over my three pairs of jeans! She has already taken over my sweats! As long as she is clean and sober, she can wear all my clothes! I'm just so happy she is home and healthy after three years of worrying about her being on the streets with that Meth in her system and those scary people she was with. She has been home for five months now. I'm pretty sure this is the time that is going to stick! She has gained enough weight to wear my clothes now, and she has gotten back into school (Jr. College) and finished her re-hab program. She goes to N.A. and A.A. meetings EVERY day, she is doing all her community service and is very involved with the family this time. The two previous times were just to placate me so she would have a place to live. This time she is doing it for herself.

Anyway, my plate is a bowl, and it's going to be full of Ham and Bean soup and corn bread! C'mon by in your Jammies and slippers, pull up a couch in front of the fire place and have a bowl!

Terri
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote