View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am right behind you Laura. My MS MD has said Copaxone has done great things for me, BUT...I have some sx I am not sure I am willing to live with. He too mentioned that I could switch over to Avonex. I explained that I set a clinic record with liver enzymes on Beta, why would I chance that again with Avonex? He then told me that I qualify for Ty. I was thinking of looking into it, but I too feel that my disease progression is so many miles away from needing a Ty run in my life. I am 2 days away from my 2 week (authorized) break from Copaxone, and I gotta admit, I am seriously considering making it a month break. I am sleeping better, and while my eyes are still quite dry, I have had some relief.

If it were not for my DH, and loved ones telling me how much they love me, and want only the best for me, and want me to pick up that needle and keep shooting so I can have a good tomorrow, I would simply lay it down and walk away. I have loads of loved ones telling me I need to keep shooting. I am so torn!

I am glad you have good news and were able to stand up to your MD. I am seriously considering the same.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (07-25-2009)