View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 11:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default tremors

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Hello,
I have an unknown neurodegenerative disorder which is being called "Spinocerebellar Ataxia, type unknown" for now (another story). Anyway, I have lots and lots of medical questions, but here is the latest and I'm hoping that someone(s) here has some words of wisdom/ideas to share.

I experience non-stop tremor-like activity in my thighs -- only when I am being examined by a physician or when I am talking about my family's disorder. It's very visible and my episodes subside within 15 minutes or so afterwards.

And so common sensically, physical Ataxia work is obviously a major stressor for me to avoid if at all possible, right? (Hmmm, I'm totally fine when I write about Ataxia, I just can't get examined or talk about it without having my thighs go into paroxysms...Oh, and my voice gets real shaky, too.

What's happening here? The tremor-like activity occurs while I'm at rest (physically, anyway). Is it Parkisonism, perhaps?

Thanks so much for any thoughts.
I can only tell you about my tremors, but of course I am not sure if they are the same. I can tell you that stress makes them worse--FOR SURE! I have whats called cervical dystonia & vocal cord dysphonia which causes my neck to pull to my left side. I also have tremors in my hands but most affected is my left hand. The vocal cord dysphonia causes my voice to become shakey and crackle. There is a test you can get to see if your vocal cords are go into spasms---like I said, it with out a doubt is made worse by stress. I notice when I speak with the doctors also,my tremors increase. have you had a complete work-up with a neurologist? I never realized how many neurological problems mimic each other, and it takes quite a long time for the doctors to sort it out. Try to be patient (easier said then done) and just keep on the doctors until you get some answers. The best of luck with everything. hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote