View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sunshine Girl,
Yes RSD is the sympathetic nervous system gone wrong. Yes, it causes high blood pressure and the para sympathetic nervous system causes it to go way down. I passed out once because of low blood pressure. I am on two blood pressure meds for high blood pressure. I bought a bp unit and take it regularly. And, yes, it can go internal. RSD is an autonomic disorder, which means it effects the involuntary organs, like kidney, bladder, heart, lungs, etc. I have full body now. Started with breast surgery. Wasn't diagnosed for 4 years, and didn't know it started with breast surgery till 5 years ago, when my Dr. that I have now, who is amazing, told me it started with the breast surgery. It's been about 14 years ago. I believe the surgeon new, buy passed me on to a rehab Dr. to oversee my p.t. for frozen shoulder. A couple days after the surgery, my surgeon's partner withdrew lime green fluid out of my arm. They had to withdraw the excess fluid about 3 times. I didn't know until this new Dr. that green means infection. Didn't even give me antibiotics. The surgeon went on vacation the day after my surgery.
I had about 100 physical therapies and 100 massage therapies. I paid for the massage. Got the use of my arm back. But a year later, my right shoulder froze up. my physical therapist said to not be surprised if I got it in the other shoulder. We moved from Oregon to Arizona after the first shoulder was working.
RSD was discovered during the Civil War. It used to be called Hand Shoulder Syndrome. It can go into remission. And mine did after all the therapies. I played tennis again, water skiied,etc. then out of the blue it was in my right shoulder. Therapy here in Arizona and also massage therapy. Got use back. Into remission for another year. While water skiing, I felt a pull in left hand. Swelling, pain, misdiagnosed, wrong medications. I knew I didn't have rheumatoid arthritis, the reports were negative, so flew back to Oregon to a sports injury Hand Dr. He diagnosed me in 1 minute, followed up with tests that also confirmed it.
I grateful I now have good Dr. I just got the chest flu and RSD has flared up. It's difficult to come to terms with this condition, counseling helps a lot, but it's the only way to be at peace. Hope the best for you. Your friend,loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote