View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, and best of luck to you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch View Post
I can only tell you about my tremors, but of course I am not sure if they are the same. I can tell you that stress makes them worse--FOR SURE! I have whats called cervical dystonia & vocal cord dysphonia which causes my neck to pull to my left side. I also have tremors in my hands but most affected is my left hand. The vocal cord dysphonia causes my voice to become shakey and crackle. There is a test you can get to see if your vocal cords are go into spasms---like I said, it with out a doubt is made worse by stress. I notice when I speak with the doctors also,my tremors increase. have you had a complete work-up with a neurologist? I never realized how many neurological problems mimic each other, and it takes quite a long time for the doctors to sort it out. Try to be patient (easier said then done) and just keep on the doctors until you get some answers. The best of luck with everything. hutch
Hi Hutch,
Thanks so much for the info. Re: vocal chord dysphonia test -- I'll definitely inquire at my next neuro appointment in September. Are there meds for this? In other words, is it even worthwhile to know -- is it treatable, or just manageable?

And actually, now that you mention it (re: complete work-up), my legs really freaked out when I was getting an EMG down at the NIH medical campus last summer -- so hopefully the research team will investigate my body's reaction to the testing.

Take care,
color is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote