View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Diana,
I'm so happy for you going on your dive weekend. It's so wonderful you were with the two boys and they and mom were with you. I'm sure you brought them comfort and peace.
My Dr. finished his two clinics and they both have double HBOT in them. I have to share something with you, that is so exciting. I'm not cured, but I'm able to leave the house and 'feel life again'
I've been going thru weeks and weeks of not getting to sleep till 5-6 in the a.m. then sleep till afternoon. Life just passing me by. I told my Dr. and he said that is not acceptable. We had talked before about changing sleeping med. so we changed. I stopped Ambien Cr, which was not working at all to Seroquel. Seroquel is given in high doses for bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia. My Dr. was doing a study for the pharmaceutical company-200 patients. The study was low dose for fibromyalgia. He will write the report soon. But it's amazing. I now sleep 9-10 hours straight-every night. I take 300 mg. As a result of restorative sleep, he cut my lorazepam in half and left it up to me on the vicodin. I was taking 6 pills a day for years and now take 2-3 a day. I go outside the house now to grocery store and Wednesday started back after 5 years soliciting for new coffee jobs. Our business has been hit badly, due to the econoomy. But Wednesday I got 4 new jobs. I'm so excited about getting out. I still have bad times. Being out 4-5 hours Wed. was a little too much-feet hurt. But, I know I can gradually get more endurance.
My goal is to build our business back up, and go thru a series of HBOT . His office is only 5 minutes from our home. My Dr. was thrilled at my response to Seroquel.
I so agree with you Diana, about being grateful. Journeling helps me a lot. When in pain, it's easy to get negative.
I have been on the phone for an hour. The husband of one of my friends called-his wife killed herself about 2 months ago. He's now talking to my husband. My husband had called him and left a message. They were close. We moved away and they moved also.
He has a SCS and a pain pump for serious accident-not RSd, but high pain level. Several vertebrae brokin from a fall. I still can't believe his wife killed herself. She had some very painful issues-they rented a house from us for years. I invited him to visit. He said he would sometime.
Your posts were so encouraging about the weekend. I always enjoy your posts. I'll call you soon. I'm going to have to wait on the HBOT-not insurance covered. My Dr. doesn't take insurance even for my visits. spendy, but worth it.
Take care and will be in touch, your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-25-2009), DianaA (07-26-2009)