Thread: Cant get help
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 04:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karilann View Post
In the meantime Karen, look up on the internet some easy back excercises to do and see if they help. Sometimes a pinched nerve will get some relief with stretching out the lower back muscles and or butt muscles. I've had the back pain you are talking about and it was awful but the stretches really helped. I had to keep persuing answers to the back issue and now (after a year) I am getting better. I wear a tight band (like you can buy to make you look skinnier) and it helps give my back the right amount of help.

Many times back pain can be caused from hip problems and/or walking issues. I found to my surprise that my hips were crooked and everyday now I do the moves to ensure they are straight.

Keep hanging in there and don't give up. Tell your doc....I NEED HELP! Otherwise I have found some will just send you home with Tylenol. However; the numbness etc must be addressed asap. Sometimes these things all of a sudden go away before we can see the doc. Write down everything that has happened to you and make sure your docs understand how uncomfortable you are. Whatever is wrong could be many things.....the nervous system is complex and affects EVERYTHING and many things can affect it!
Big hug to you and keep us informed as to how it is going.
Thank you so much for the advice. I have already started the log and when presented to the docs, they look @ it for about 10 seconds and then diagnose me with numbness. I was also diagnosed by the neuro with having carpel tunnel and thats why i go numb. I dont see how that can make my lips, and legs go numb. I am so tired throughtout the day. I have a 7 & a 2 year old that want to play, but all I do is watch them as I lay on the couch.
Trying to get tests done is like pulling teeth with these people. I had to beg for an MRI on my back, and unfortunately my symptoms came right after the test. I have another appt with the Neuro this coming week. Well see what happens. Thank you again for your advice!!!
karenreb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote