View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 04:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Hi Hutch,
Thanks so much for the info. Re: vocal chord dysphonia test -- I'll definitely inquire at my next neuro appointment in September. Are there meds for this? In other words, is it even worthwhile to know -- is it treatable, or just manageable?

And actually, now that you mention it (re: complete work-up), my legs really freaked out when I was getting an EMG down at the NIH medical campus last summer -- so hopefully the research team will investigate my body's reaction to the testing.

Take care,
The only treatment for Vocal Dysphonia is Botox shots. I get botox for my cervical Dystonia also---It really works well-It lasts about 3 months, and I go back again. What was the results of your EMG? It sounds like you may have something going on in your cervical spine?? Have you gone to a movement doctor. They deal with anything that has to do with movement disorders. That is the doctor who has diagnosed me and figured out what was going on. I wish I could give you more info, if I find out anything else, I will let you know. I go to John Hopkins---they are great too. NIH is great too I bet. Take good care---- hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote