View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Nick. I'm glad you are okay. Any kind of surgery when you have MG is scary. Did you hear "carcinoma" while under anesthesia?! I hope it is all benign.

I have not had a thymectomy but have had an abdominal hysterectomy. Same problem with sleeping positions. If you have a very comfy chair or a recliner, I highly suggest you sleep in those! But don't do it for too long or your body might actually start to confuse what it's supposed to do when. It may start to think that your circadian rhythm of sleep is off. Seriously, look it up!

You would have to use your feet to get out of a recliner, since you can't use upper body strength yet to do it. Concentrate on letting your lower body do things. And you do need to sleep as much as possible since a lot of healing happens while sleeping. Has anyone talked about any stretching exercises for you and when to do them? You know how muscles always get worse when they have been inactive for awhile. The same thing will happen with those chest wall/trunk muscles.

Morphine is hell for MGers. They had to take me off of it after only one day due to how bad my breathing was.

I hope you continue to recover well. I'm glad you have good doctors looking out for you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote