View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pain and Work

Megan, I also get deep pain in the center part of my upper body. A deep dull pain that goes straight through to my spine and extends into my ribs and carteledge. Makes me want to cry sometimes.

Sunnydee, we have a few things in common: age, employment, or lack thereof and, oh yeah the FMS thing. Certainly sounds like you are suffering from FMS.

I worked or half-worked and attended night college with FMS and all the meds in tow for over 20 years. My boss was impossible at times and there were those days where my eyes would roll so far that I was afraid they would get stuck in my head...but I usually made it to the end of the end of the day only to drive home in DC area traffic (one of the worse) and then come home to cook dinner, make lunch for the next day and try to have some one on one with my dear husband. Usually, I was too tired at that point. I worked as a VP for a medical alloy manufacturer - a very stressfull job and then enter in the stressful boss. Also, there were too many times when I felt 'stupid' from the FMS and would have to meet an important client or do something really important to then after get stressed-out and fall into another flare. It can be a vicious cycle.

Many more times, I was out for days or weeks with a flare. Stress and hormones always made things worse. Weather fluctuations, allergens, colds and such, the beltway every day... the list goes on. I have been dealing with this for a long time so I now what my triggers are...

It is possible and doable to work with FMS and drugs but there will always be some issue of disbility. It may never go away. You may have to be okay about being sick alot and missing work. Hopefully, your boss will understand. Oh dear, I hope I am not being negative.

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Megan (08-06-2009), sunnydee (07-27-2009)