View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default arachnoid cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_S View Post
Hi Hutch,
Yes, I am glad I had surgery, it was a while ago now, but I'm glad my Neurosurgeon decided to operate at the time.
When some Doctors say that the cysts cause no symptoms or other neurological problems...they are usually wrong! It's often difficult to find someone who agrees that cysts cause problems in some people. You need to find a Neurologist or, preferably a Neurosurgeon who will take you seriously when you have a large cyst causing problems.
~Jaime~
I am so glad you were helped. I am VERY frustrated because on one hand I have sooo many neuro problems:facial palsy, migraines, depression, ADD, concentration problems, tremors, Dystonia, vocal cord dysphonia, partial epilepsy, meniers disease with dizziness and balance problems, and POSSIBLE Meiges syndrome, I most recently got diagnosed with RLS?? I had surgery in 90 for spinal stenosis. Then on the other hand I have this golf ball cyst near my brainstem, yet none of these issues is felt to be directly related?? My surgeon said that they can tell I have had this a very long time because the inside of my scull is worn where the cyst sits----seems to me that would indicate that there was at some point, or still is some type of pressure??? The surgeon did tell me that the location of my cyst is in a very dangerous spot and he feels as if he would do more harm then good. With all that is going on with me I have a very difficult time grasping the idea that there is not a connection. As much as I respect and trust my surgeon I am thinking about going to the Chiari Institute in Great Neck, NY for a second opinion, but wonder if I am wasting my time? My movement disorder doctor explained to me that brain surgery is not a piece of cake---I told him I understand that completely, but all my Neuro diseases and disorders are no piece of cake either. He didn't comment about that.If I found a good surgeon who would do the surgery I would not hesitate for a moment to opt for the procedure to be done. Every time I turn around I am being diagnosed with a new neuro problem?? It just doesn't make sense to me. I am sorry to ramble on and on but this is very hard to condense. take good care, and please keep in touch---hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote