View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyinLA View Post
ok, i broke my left wrist last yr....developed RSD in left wrist, hand, arm, even up into my shoulder. i've previously suffered w/plantar fasciitis in my left foot, almost 2 the point of surgery! NOW, the drs think i have RSD in my left foot - much pain all over my foot, burning, knife-stabbing pain, etc. can RSD affect one side of the body?? pls help!
p.s. most of u know i have epilepsy....and had started the drug Keplin 12 days ago 2 help my Lexapro work better. well, just started having seizures - had 2 get off Keplin - even had 2 begin Attivan..... helped settle my nerves!
RSD can for sure be on one side of your body. I had surgery on my right hand and came down with RSD on rt hand,arm and shoulder. I also understand that it can move to opposite side? Are you getting nerve blocks? I got nerve blocks along with physical therapy and it really helped---the two go hand in hand. The most important thing is to keep things moving---even if it hurts!! Its strange, I have partial epilepsy also. I wonder if there is a connection between the two??? I take Lamictal for my seizures. I hope what ever treatment you are getting brings you much relief from your pain. take good care---keep in touch----hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (08-04-2009)