View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 04:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You know, I've been sitting here, reflecting on 2006, reading over and over your question Nance, "What have I done to make this year a good one?"

Most of you that know me, know that I'm usually a positive person, or at least try to be. Of course I get the depression crap, but who doesn't? I can't come up with one thing that I've done to make this year a good one. I really don't wanna rain on any parade here, but, 2006 sucked for me.

The bad part about that is that I had really high hopes for The New Year because 2005 sucked. I'm a "logical thinker" type that needs to rationalize things just because that's just me. Dumb, I know, but maybe that's my coping mechanism, dunno.

Your question triggered something; made me rethink things. I think I've maybe been putting too much emphasis into worrying about the future, and should maybe reflect more on the past and apply it to the future! I'm still thinking where the present fits in......

Maybe I should go do things to make the year a good one instead of waiting for good things to happen, then think the year sucked.....

WOW! That is a really deep question Nance... you can approach that from a lot of different angles.

Well, anyway, the highlight of my year was Brady's wedding, and that was bittersweet because his biological dad couldn't physically be there. Yeah, I know, he was there spiritually, but it's still not the same.

I've learned a lot of things in my 50 years here, but I think one of the most important things is to never say "it can't get any worse than this." It can and it will. I'm referring to 2005. I knew not to say that, because it did. I know not to say that about 2006 too. I'm afraid to know how bad things would have been had I said that!! (Old wive's tale has it that it's worse if you say it--or something like that....)

Jeesh, enough of my ramblings. A few of you guys know that I write what I'm thinking, so the rest of you, don't be alarmed when you read this and think I've flipped my lid!! I just write down my thoughts, that's all.

BS said it best when explaining how we use "these boxes used to share my most heartfelt feelings." That's what family is for. I'm glad I have you. Thanks for always being her for me. I love you guys!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
LS