View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default GP and PN

Interesting Mere!

Two years ago I started to get body wide neuropathic pain and at first it was diagnosed as Peripheral Neuropathy. I have my doubts about that now and believe it is more likely to be neuropathic pain associated with (Fibromyalgia) FMS which I was diagnosed with in January this year.

Also in January this year I was diagnosed (by a Gastroenterologist) with Gastroparesis. My Gastroparesis is fairly severe and although I am on motility drugs (Domperidone) I can only tolerate fluids and fairly 'runny' pureed food. I have lost 19kgs (41lbs) since December.

I've seen a lot of doctors over the past two years and no-one has given me any answers. However the latest Rheumatologist I have seen believes all these symptoms are very connected to FMS as he has seen them time and time again.

I don't know whether FMS will be the final piece to the puzzle or whether more symptoms or diagnoses (eg. autoimmune) will emerge over time but I know that with Lyrica my sleep has improved immensely and my energy is more sustained. I still have all the stiffness and other symptoms however the muscle aches have improved lately with three times per day pain killers.

It's all very complex I am concluding and one doesn't get much help out there with putting all the pieces together!
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote