View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Thank you and Sorry for the Long Post

Thank you all for your posts. My goodness, I feel so much better hearing from others that are going through similar issues. Please don't take that wrong, I do wish us all well and feel bad that we have to meet under these circumstances.

Megan, I am so sorry that you are having to sort this all out with your Dr's. and that they are confused. It is so difficult. I did not have any diagnosis for 17 years but was fortunate in finding my Rheumatologist who specializes in Fibromyalgia at a University Hospital. He then found the Spondylarthropathy (it is usually a Male disease and apparently presents differently in women). I will never forget the frustration . I hope you get some answers soon. You are correct about the Fibromyalgia. It is such a crummy disease and I was also wondering if all of this is related.

I am also beginning to wonder if I can ever eat normally again. It hurts bad every time I eat and I am still staying with pureed foods, soups, soft things and sometimes sushi (if I am a good girl). Domperidone is not available in the US so I take Reglan and Donnatal. I have also lost lots of weight, 35 pounds since April. I hate having food and eating become an obsession and a bummer.

The PN just seems to 'go' with the GP. Perhaps I am wrong but it really feels a little to coincidental. I have GP pain and then my mouth is numb and my blood pressure is low. It is cyclic.

Regarding the Tylenol, perhaps I should elaborate a bit. I have also had some surgeries that render my intestine a bit re-routed and the bile spills into my intestine because I had my gallbladder removed when I was around 25 years old (I am middle aged now). They did a sphincteroplasty and that leaves the bile duct wide open so that bile is dumped into the small intestine. I hate this stuff...

Any way, my stomach and small bowel are irritated and apparently the Tylenol is adding further irritation, thus, worsening the gastroparesis. Verapamil is known to affect the autonomic system in high dosages. I was on 480 mg per day for tachycardia and migraine. That is why I have lowered to 240 mg Verapamil and am working at lowering the Tylenol. I take Tylenol because it is in pain med and I use that 2-4 times per day for pain. I understand that narcotics can also slow the GI tract. It is all a vicious cycle.
Please do know that I am not a Dr and am only following the advise of my own Physician.

Bobber and Hope15, Verapamil and Tylenol are good drugs and probably do not usually cause any problems. These problems are probably unique to me and have something to do with how my body handles them.

I am not certain if my Dr is correct about all of this but I do trust him and anything is worth a try. daniella, thanks for the info.

Thanks for responding to my Post. I am sorry it is so long.

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (07-26-2009), Hope15 (07-26-2009), Megan (07-26-2009)