View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-in, July 26, 2009

Good day to everyone ,

No much to report here. My new "refurbished" laptop is doing its job pretty well and I am delighted . I have not yet gotten someone to capture my files from my PC hard drive yet, but hope to do that the week of August 1st, after the 1st of the month. It is hard though knowing there are important documents on a trashed computer that I can't get to right now.

I have my second appt with my new MDS tomorrow and it will be interesting. Thursday I have a Governor's [PA] Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities workshop at the local Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) campus in Gettysburg. I will let you know next Sunday how that went.

My grands are as always a handful...the usual. The oldest (11) left last Sunday for six weeks in Florida visiting her biological dad. We don't like it when she is gone so long...we all try not to worry about accidents and such, but we do anyway...quietly within our own minds. My grandmother duty days last week were Monday and Wednesday. It is amazing how different my oldest grandson (8) is when his sister is gone...amazing!! Mornings I read since my autistic grandson is at school in the mornings in July. The afternoons are spent going up and down the stairs checking out what he may be up to upstairs

I am reading Imajica by Clive Barker. After Imajica it will be World Without End the sequel to Pillars of the Earth a historical novel, by Ken Follett. The library is my best friend this summer.

So, how was everyone's week?
Let's hear from some of you quiet PWPs!!
What are you reading this summer?

summertime1.png

4332157d7068ee84d89ce799e9f33f489ec.gif
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote