Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korbi_doc View Post
I apologize if this has been gone over before, but the only thing I seem to remember is lotsa water...I'm scheduled for IVIG starting Aug 3rd, what should I expect?..what can I have before & during treatment? Breakfast ok?? It starts real early, lasts over 4 hrs (?) & I'm gonna be real tired driving over an hr up & back for 5 days..just hope it helps, not sure it'll affect the peripheral neuropathy that's causing all my pain...TIA....

Dottie
Dottie,
Others are right about the water and being hydrated. Also the tylenol and benadryl are important pre-meds. I have had severe headaches, so have to not let one start. If you feel one coming on during the IVIG, let the nurse know so she can medicate you to stop it immediately. You don't want one to even start. Also, so people have flu like symptoms after the IVIG. I didn't have that but have spoken to others who have it done with me that have it every time. I also have eye twitching severe after the IVIG treatments. Just wanted to share, but each individual is different, as you will see, but at least you can be aware of what some of us have gone thru. Hope all goes well with your. You will find out that the "Go Juice" will give you renewed strength. I was amazed what it did for me. Best wishes and let us know how it turns out for you.
Hugs to You,
Simon
TxSimon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote