Thread: neurofeedback
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I checked out the pROSHI (correct capitalization, pROSHI is a personal version of ROSHI). Sounds interesting. In doing further research. the EM (Electromagnetic Stimulation) part sounds a bit premature. The developer is changing the TESLA values of the EM as higher values have proved to be unacceptable.

I would suggest considering this modality carefully. Dr. Ibric is not a pioneer in this field by any stretch of the imagination. She did not start her work with it until 19992. The pioneers have been working with it since the 1970's. Those pioneers were just limited to use in their own clinics because computer based systems were still far to expensive for mass clinical application. Mr. Davis and other were just able to use the lowering cost of computers to bring the system to a wider and commercialized market.

The system she uses does not require her input as it is self-moderating. The software comes to her as a self-modulating system. Her only input is analysis of the QEEG maps before during and after for synchronicity, coherence, phase, etc. She uses Davis and Patton designed NeuroDynamic Activator™ system to analyze the waveforms.

Dr. Ibric claims this system to be non-invasive but she misuses the term non-invasive. The only non-invasive component is that the system does not mechanically penetrate the brain. It does penetrate the brain with electro-magnetic fields. It is these electro-magnetic fields that are believed to effect the treatment.

There are other neuro-feedback systems that do not use electro-magnetic fields to modify the brains waveforms.

The NeuroDynamic Activator™ system also uses light strobing to reward/punish the brain for proper/improper behavior. The authors of the software make no mention of whether this effect is limited to the visual processing or if it effects auditory processing and higher levels of executive functions.

As I sort through more of the papers and articles, I will attempt to report back to this forum.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (08-09-2019)