Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 04:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi Dottie!

Hi Dottie! Lot of fluids, premed - always - and it will go smoothly! I love my IV IG! I was getting it once a month for 5 days and loved it, but now my dr want me to switch to the plasma exchange b/c I seem to crash so hard now....hate that! They will be checking your blood pressure and temp every 15 min or so and bumping up the rate = I as up tp over 400 mL @ one point, but my nuero had them slow it down to prevent kidney da,age - so you will be there a while. Also, I don;t know if your hospital does this, but mine makes sure I'm actually THERE b/4 they mix the solution - one idiot decided to not come in and ruined it for all of us - so expect an additional 2 hr wait if they do.

I always pack my hosp bag with magazines, books, crossword puzzles and my computer. I also bring my home pillow and down comforter. The nurses store my stuff there.

The driving back and forth may be a problem though. Is there anyone who can do it for you?

IV IG is GREAT stuff! I bet you love it!

You'll probably feel like superwoman after it!

Hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by korbi_doc View Post
I apologize if this has been gone over before, but the only thing I seem to remember is lotsa water...I'm scheduled for IVIG starting Aug 3rd, what should I expect?..what can I have before & during treatment? Breakfast ok?? It starts real early, lasts over 4 hrs (?) & I'm gonna be real tired driving over an hr up & back for 5 days..just hope it helps, not sure it'll affect the peripheral neuropathy that's causing all my pain...TIA....

Dottie