Thread: Dew in AZ
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 04:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Mad Update on Dew in AZ 07/26/09

Hi friends,

My sister, Wanda, is healing, well. She experiences pain longer than anticipated, and she was required to ask for more pain meds. Wanda will get the surgical biopsy results this Tuesday,07/28/09/

Last month, I went through a very difficult ordeal getting the OpanaER script from my PM doc's office to the pharmacist. Well, after dealing with last month's stress from PM recept., going to my PM appt. before I left for AZ, I was assured that I would not have to stress over that issue again.

I called PM doc office and spoke with his receptionist on Monday,07/20/09. As of last Thursday, the pharmacist still had o script. I was dealing with this same issue again!!! The difference is that I am in AZ..which is stressful in its own realm. I talk to the PM recept. on Thursday, and she gives the same story that she mailed it the previous Monday. OKC mail to Lawton is one day...4 days had passed. I called Friday..no script. I was fit to be tied.

I called the recept. and told her that this was the 3rd time she fell through on my meds, 2nd time on the OpanaER, and I did not want to deal with her. I wanted to speak with the doc. The doc was not in..of course!
She said that once she mailed it last Monday, it was out of her control. I told her that stress intensified my pain as a CRPS patient and that my pain is out of control without my pain medications being handled properly. I can not believe this is happening again after my PM doc promised me that his office would get it right this time.

Receptionist and I had choice words with each other, and I reminded her that she really did it this time..this is outright negligence since i cannot stop OpanaER without tapering off. Also, I told her that if anything happened to me where I ended up in an AZ hospital because i don't have the OpanaER,pm doc and she would be personally responsible Recept. told me not to threaten her, i said it wasn't a threat..it was a fact.

She told me to hold on and called the doc. He told her to fax a script of Norco 10/325 and have my hubby express mail it to me. That med did not work for me before, and that is why he put me on OpanaER. I told her that my atty. will be calling PM doc Monday morning, 07/28/09.

Recept. told me that maybe the script would be at the OK pharmacy the next day, Sat...wait and see. Sat, came and went..still no script at the pharmacist..OMG!

I am on edge..I am homesick..it is HOT here..I want to go home. That is a definite possibility..I will see after my sister's appt. on Tuesday, this week.

My husband got injured on one of his jobs on Saturday(yesterday). It looks like his ankle might be broken..if it isn't one thing, it is another.

Dew

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (08-02-2009)