View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hiya,
I had my VA shunt put in 2 weeks ago, although ive had one before put in at the end of february, before having it removed in june and was shunt free for 3 weeks before my ETV failed.

Im thinking the hardness may still be a bit of swelling that seizes up now and again, mine still have stitches in but are quite hard around the incision.
Mine hasnt got to the point where its hard to breathe, but i have noticed as of yesterday that on my upper chest a little below the collarbone, ive become very tender. Before i was given this VA shunt, I had an external shunt tunneled through to my abdomen from my head for 6 days, it was tender when it was tunnelled, but it got better and pain free now the tenderness has come back and up my neck by the tubing too.

I must say i think these VA shunts are more hassle than they are worth sometimes, i wish the VP shunt was still compatible with me.

I hope you can find an answer, maybe its worth talking to your NS and mention the swelling, is it tender or red at all, just got to think of infection as can be serious if not treated, especially with a VA shunt now. Check for fever or raised temperature if youre atall concerned

Good luck
jadiee-x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote