View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hmmmm, I got jury duty in the county I used to live in. Seems moving out of the county isn't one of the exemptions. I guess I'm going to be making that suggestion when I send them my reason for not 270+ miles for jury duty.

I scrubbed my kitchen and mopped. Polished the wood floors, swept and mopped the tile in the foyer, at some food from Whataburger and really had to avoid the lawn guy coming buy because I look like hell.

I've been watching President Fords' arrival in Washington. It's just made me realize watching Mrs. Ford and how stoic she is at what strong women the First Lady has to be. I cried when they arrived at the church in California and they played "O God our help in ages Past". It's a beautiful hymn. How comforting to hear Episcopal prayers to this Anglican. I'm moved by the beautiful sites in Washington and the solemn walk up the stairs with his casket.

Alffe I can relate on the funerals. Lately so many of my parent's friends have passed in our church. It's different from yours as we have over 2,000 members, but it really touches me. A few weeks ago we had our 4th and 5th grade Sunday school class send cards to the shut-ins and nursing home residents. I was saddened at how many were my parent's contemporaries and parents of my friends from high school. On Christmas Eve, I went to the collumbarium there at the church with one of the priests and Michael to go visit my parents. Again I was so touched at how many people interred there I know.

Julie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote