View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckinBoston View Post
Well the doctor visit was just like the others...really no clue. He said that the MRI came back clear so they really don't understand why I am having this issue. He made the same suggestion that I should find my limitations then work from there. He did say that once the chemicals in the brain get messed up they might never be the same again.

So from the stand point of the scan I have healed...why don't I feel that way. This has to be one of the most frustrating injury (actually most serious) that I had to deal with. I did have to laugh at one point, he said it is just all in my head and that I was fine. I said yeah I know it is all in my head.

He wants to see me in six months, at this point I don't see him helping so probably won't return.
I decided that I am going to see a friend of mine who is a doctor to see what he has to say. I figure he will be straight-forward with me about what is going on. We were on vacation last week and I suffered from a headache the whole week. One day I wanted to play tennis. That lasted about 1/2 hour before I had to quit because my head was just throbbing. I tried it again another day and experienced the same thing. One day I was getting on a tube to just lay out in the sun. While getting on the tube, my head hit and I could just feel my brain go from front to back. Our town has round-abouts and I can't even go through those without feeling like my brain is moving from side to side. I understand the frustration. I was taking between 6-9 ibuprofen a day. That's not right. I guess I don't really know what I am looking for. My headaches are what they are, but I really like to be active and this is putting a huge damper on that. My family doc thinks I am depressed, the psychiatrist says I'm not depressed. The neurologist says that symptoms could last up to 6 months. I am going on 8 and still have the symptoms and sometimes worse than they were a few months ago. I wish I could get back to "normal" but from what I read here that may never happen.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote