View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lori Lee,
I'm so excited for you. I'm sure that was rough-MSContin strong stuff. I asked my Dr. to go off 3200 mg of neurotin. I had gainsed so much weight. Was on 400 mg. of Lyrica after the neurotin. We gradually went off, and I didn't get the electric shocks, jolts, spasms back. I've had a couple in 7 months. Lost 30 lbs and working on my 2nd 30 lbs.
After having RSD 4 years and not being diagnosed, I flew back to Oregon to orthopedic sports injury Dr. and was diagnosed in 1 minute. He ordered Tens Unit and P.T. The Physical Therapy lasted 100 treatments. I liked the Tens Unit. It has batteries and can be controled as to strength of vibrations and length of vibratons. It has two lead wires with patches on the end. Your can choose where to put the patches. Insurances pays for the unit and also replacement patches. I liked it, took my mind off pain.
I have recently been going thru horrific lack of sleep. Wouldn't get to sleep until 5-6 a.m. then sleep till afternoon. My life was passing me by. My Dr. took me off Ambien CR, which obviously wasn't working and started 300 mg. of seroquel. He is just finishing up a 200 person study of seroquel. It's a low dose and for fibromyalgia patients. High doses of seroquel is for bi-polar and schezophrenia.
Had to stay in bed 3 days. It's a miracle drug for me. I take it at 7 p.m. and sleeping by 10 pm Get up at 8 a.m. feeling absolutely great with restorative sleep. My pain level is way down. Dr. left it up to me. I used to take 6 vicodin a day. Now I take 2-3. Lorazepam, an anti-anxiety med had gone down from 6 pills a day to 2-3. I feel like I'm going into remission. When he writes regarding his trial, I'll let you know. I just can't believe it- I feel like a new person. I am gradually getting my strength built up and energy level is going up.
So I guess what I'm saying is yes, to the tens unit. and sleep is imperative-keeps the pain level down. I believe in anti-anxiety meds- it keeps the sympathetic nervous system calmed down. Also anti-depressent meds work well on nerve pain. I'm on cymbalta.
That's exciting going back to work. Low dose seroquel was a miracle worker for me.
Hope all works out for you going back to work. Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote