View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollym View Post
I have done both oral and IV steroids. When I did oral it was 600 mg per day for 5 days (not 25) and then a taper of 50 for 5 days, then 25 for 5 days, etc. When I have done the IV it was 1,000 mg for 3 days. So, I agree with the others that your dose wasn't high enough for MS.

Also, I never had any kind of real improvement for a week or maybe even 2 or 3. My neuro said was quite normal for it to take that kind of time to show improvement.
This is interesting to hear. (about the improvements that may take a few weeks to show) I had improvement in my vision pretty much within the first week after IV steroids (this is my second week since steroids...the first week started last monday.) I had improvement in the numb and tingly sensations around the same time.

Right now tho, my right eye hurts (not the one I had the steroids for) and I've got such an increase in the burning sensation over the weekend that my entire left leg and foot are burning now. (more than it was last night when I posted an earlier message in this thread)

I feel like the improvement is going backwards...at least in my left leg. Oh, and my left hand is now more numb than it was before the steroids.

I really hope there's more improvement coming soon. The burning is getting really bad. I wonder if I should take a neurontin?

I'm just glad that I'm not seeing two of everything all the time now, and the vertigo let up so that I'm not walking into walls anymore.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (07-27-2009)