Thread: Dew in AZ
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Linda - I'm so, so sorry. I remember when this happened before to you. WHY does WC determine where you have to go for your PM doc? TRY to chill... The admin asst at my PCP office did that to me for the first time a week and a half ago - over a weekend - when I had been flaring for 2-3 weeks. I called on Thurs and Fri, more than once, etc...

When I got to the office on Mon I had a letter that I had written that went to all the docs in the office explaining exactly what happened. I made sure all the facts were well documented. And I also requested a switch in my PCP from my local office to one that is located in Providence, RI, the nearest city to where I live. Its not much further away, but its going to be more of a hassle for me because of increased traffic, difficult parking, and a whole new staff of doctors and NP that I have to get to know. But I will NEVER go through that again. My old PCP admin asst really dropped the ball and no one else bothered to helped. My husband and I have been patients there for over 15 years.

The weekend without my meds was really bad, because I was already sick. I still had methadone, but no percocet. But the methadone really didn't work on the pain much by itself, not sure why. I tried to chill, not move around too much because it made my head hurt worse, and toggled Advil and Tylenol on alternating schedules (I remembered you could do that with kids when they were younger). If I wasn't already flaring so badly maybe that would have worked a little -maybe it's worth a try for you?

I really wish there was a better solution for you and the rest of us when this stuff happens. It just seems like there should be a way that we shouldn't have to suffer so badly because we run out of meds and there's no way for us to get refills and its not our fault, but some dumb *****'s that has no clue what horrible nerve pain feels like.

This might be farfetched, but I wonder if is there some way that Wanda's doctor could help you, by talking with your doctor and getting you a five day supply? Might be worth asking about...

Wishing you the best, I'll keep you in my prayers, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (07-27-2009), loretta (07-28-2009)