View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes! Savella is one of the newer words on the tips of the tongues of rheumies!

Yes, this is an SNRI, used for depression elsewhere.

I have heard both good and not so good accounts of trials on Savella!

I have not tired this med as of yet. I can say my rheumy endorses it rather loudly.

I have learned to be skeptical. I think: Definitely consider new meds if you need additional relief. Always consider the safety profile before swallowing!
I have learned, over the years, to let the masses try the newer drugs out first. I don't want to be one of the first. I have seen so may different drugs come through.. only to be recalled. Better safe than sorry!

When hearing about new drugs, and anticipating tryng them, do an internet search, as often there are offers to pay your co-pay at least through a trial period! This can save you considerable money. If you have these coupons printed out first, then the doc can write the perscription according to the directions given!

Once in awhile I will try a "newer" drug. It depends upon how deperate I am at the time... and also what the drug safety profile looks like.

Savella is not an anti-epileptic med... for those with problems with that drug class.

Geez! Cymbalta! Might as well have set me ablaze.. or electrocuted me! Yet, some people do very well with it!

I understand there are a few more drugs maybe coming soon for fibro treatment? I hope these drugs do much better by majority, if not all, in need!

I recall sitting with researchers in the Boston area... 25 years ago, discussing CFS and FMS. They were doing collaborative studies and were quite sure they would have significant answers with in 10 years. It is now 25 years later!

I guess it is all much more complicated than they had anticipated?

Gentle cyber hugs to all!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (08-30-2010), tamiloo (07-28-2009)