View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Crappy subject, but ....

I have both Ulcerative Colitis and MS to contend with, so if it has not been one problem to the extreme, it is the other.

I have gone as long as 5 weeks without a b/m on one occasion. I tried EVERYTHING under the sun for about 35 yrs (even before I knew I had MS), and not one thing made a pinch of difference.

When it comes to the constipation, I think that when it gets "hung up" in transit for a period of time, like Dejibo mentioned ... the longer it takes, the 'harder' it becomes (yeah, I'm blushing too). It becomes like a ever-accumulating cork, and everything backs up behind it. When the dam finally breaks, the backed up 'stream' flows uncontrolably.

So, the trick is to not let the dam accumulate, of course.

Like I said, I tried EVERYTHING there was; exercise, water, fruit, fiber, laxitives, suppositories, metamucil .... nothing worked. My doc kept telling me to try BENEFIBER, but I was so fed up with "trying" things, I put it off for a couple of years.

BENEFIBER works for me though, at a much smaller dosage than is recommended. It calls for a tsp 3X a day, and I take a MAX of 3/4 tsp ONCE, and everything works within 24 hours, WITHOUT FAIL. It usually keeps me regular for about a week after that too.

I am still slack sometimes, and leave things too long ... I should use it a every week at least, but I am quite used to not worrying about it till I have to. The good news is BENEFIBRE works whenever I need it to.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-28-2009), FinLady (07-28-2009), Friend2U (08-01-2009)