Thread: MG Hell
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile MG Hell

Hey all. Been a while since I ahve been able to post. I am about to have my 1 year anniversary since being diagnosed with MG. Still cannot climb stairs, can not get myself up off floor,have ptosis,etc. Visited my Neuro couple of weeks ago and he upped my doseage of cellcept. I have not had my thymus removed as there are no problems there. Have had ivig's and only help for short time. The summer heat has been an absolut killer on me. Cant stay out long at all.
Still struggling with social security for disability. I tried to work from Aug-Dec of last year and was only enough to earn $2,100. I made $24,000 from Jan-July. I was a self employed real estate appraiser. I cannot draw unemployment since I was self employed.Went through our savings by the end of last year when my Drs said I should file for disability. Filed Jan 12 and was denied in April. I have hired an attorney and he says I Will get it, but may not until it goes before a judge which happens if I am denied on my appeal. Our house was foreclosed on on July 20, so my wife and I had to move in with one of my sons until the diability comes through as she has always carried all our insurance and take home only covers base necessities. Could have worked out had disability been approved, but mortgage company could not work with us since it had not.
Sorry to lay my problems on all, but this site has proven to me to be a very good sounding board with many in the same boat. My wife and I stay upbeat most of the time because we DO BELIEVE God has a plan and even though we do not understand now, things will work out ok. Have not posted in a while as due to foreclosure etc did not have computer hooked up.
Pippi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote