View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentgamer View Post
What you saw sounds pretty neat!!! Maybe a UFO!

:
What you've described is an event many describe the same way. It could have been a defunct satellite or space junk. I've seen many satellites before but they always move in a straight path. However, there are satellites that do not move but stay stationary and follow the earth's speed and rotation giving the appearance of it being stationary, but would be strange to move about. A satellite will appear to disappear it the sun is setting or just over the earth's horizon. As the satellite moves away from the sun's light it'll disappear suddenly when the satellite's angle is away from the sun's light.

The strangest things I've seen in the sky was in 1968, on a clear night very large billows of colored clouds floated over our neighborhood. The clouds glowed and where fluorescent in color. Very bright yellows reds and blues. It was a site to see. I was 11 at the time and it was said on the local news here in Washington that is was a atmospheric test performed by NASA.
Back in the late 70s a group of us observed a single fixed star that had 4 dimmer stars rotating slowly around it. We watched this for at least 20 minutes only to see each dimmer star slowly disappear. Very strange and they looked to be very far out not in or near our atmosphere and the light these things gave out were steady not flickering like an aircraft.
In the late 90s several of us where in the mountains of West Virginia at a friends cabin it was a clear night, my wife and I were sitting near a camp fire around 11pm. Several guests were going to bed in the house when my wife spotted a light down in the dark valley at the horizon. This light was round, moved very quickly. It seemed to dart from one spot to another spot at incredible speeds, nothing like I've ever seen before. Hot damn we've spotted a UFO, both of us stood there speechless. Look at the speed of that thing I yelled and told my wife Suzy to run and wake everyone up and get out here before this thing speeds off! Everyone poured out of the house only to see the full moon! It turns out it was an optical illusion. What it was was a low lying mass of dense clouds down on the horizon blocking the full moon so much so you saw no glow from it. When a small break in the cloud opened it let a bright light shine thru then cover then reopen at another area of the cloud giving the illusion it was a object flying about and it was very convincing until the cloud moved away revealing the moon. Everyone was disappointed.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (07-29-2009), DianaA (07-28-2009)