View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Medication Dosages and CRABS . . .

We all talk about our tolerances for medications and different types and dosages. I have been wondering about this for quite some time now and even have been a bad girl sometimes with my C.

I cannot tolerate baclofen and valium even at the lowest recommended dose. It is far too much for me. I am on an extremely low dose of Neurontin and there is question about the dosage (lowest dose) of Celexa that I am on for the time being.

Knowing how sensitive I am to meds, I have often wondered if the dosage of the C is too high for me and if the dosage of any of CRABs is too low or too high for others. They have a set dosage and that's it. It is not like other meds that you can go up/down in dosage to obtain the correct dosage for YOU. But I wonder if coming up with the correct dosage based on you would be more beneficial and lessen the nasty side effects. (Just a thought here.)

I go through periods of feeling like there is something "toxic" in my body. It is during those times that I don't take a full shot of C. I do 1/2 shot for a week and start feeling better. I've been doing this for quite some time now and have had no changes on my brain MRI in over 2 years. So there is no progression at all in the disease process. (Mind you, I do have spinal lesions but they rarely ever do MRIs on my spine so I don't know if there are changes and have had a few spinal lesion flares during the past 2 years).

So this morning I thought I would just throw this out there for discussion purposes and see what you all thought.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-28-2009), FinLady (07-28-2009), Kitty (07-28-2009), Koala77 (08-01-2009), Lady (07-28-2009), SallyC (07-28-2009)