View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post

After speaking to the husband, and debating, and crying, and having my temper tantrum, it has been decided that I will restart copaxone tomorrow. I was quite upset by this. The husband is completely on board with the MD and refuses to accept my desire to go bareback through the world of MS. While I am willing to accept certains risks, and be willing to pay the piper should the bill come due, he has real issues with me being willing to risk popping into SPMS or a higher level of disability when all it takes is a daily shot.
While I don't understand the contol your doctor and husband exhibit here, I realize it's not for me to understand - let alone agree with - and that this is about YOU. Not me. Yours is the vote that counts.

I think you should (and I hate it when people 'should' me so forgive me for the faux pas, Dejibo ) completely embrace the decision you've arrived at with your Doc and your husband (i.e. your partners in this journey). Obviously you greatly value their input and on some level - even though it's not a perfect choice and you've been bribed with ice-cream - you agree with them ...which is easy to do when you trust they have your best interest at heart.

Feel GREAT about the approach you're taking. Believe in it. It's as good as any and quite possibly better! At least for you - and you know best.

Last edited by Becca44; 07-29-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typo correction (I'm a freak about that, sorry :))
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (08-05-2009), Dejibo (07-28-2009), SallyC (07-28-2009)