Thread: neurofeedback
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have done some more research on the pROSHI device called NeuroDynamic Activator. It has not undergone any FDA testing, study or approval. The manufacturer says that it is sold as a "relaxation device." I am unimpressed with the ROSHI Corporation. The inventor told me the first instruction for using the device is "go slowly."

The phone number on the ROSHI web site is unpublished and appears to ring to a home. The man who answered sounded like I woke him from a nap. The California Secretary of State reports that the ROSHI Corp with Charles Davis listed as the contact, has a suspended Corporate license.

You can buy the machine for home use for $1995. The therapists recoup their investment in about 20 therapy sessions.

There have been NO STUDIES about it long term effect whether positive or negative. There is another 'non-intrusive' device that attempts to effect the electrophysiological functions of the brain cells that has been FDA approved. It has a warning about use without a doctor's consent and that it can cause problems with people with a history of seizures.

So, consider the pROSHI system very carefully.

Caveat emptor, Let the buyer beware

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (08-09-2019), Hockey (08-11-2009)