View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 01:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post You are most definitely not an exception . . .

Tony,

Thanks for your warm hello (on another thread). Sorry to hear about your recent problems. I am sure you will follow up with MrsD's recommendations to see if you have some type of arterial dysfunction.

I would encourage you to be careful about how much attention you place on your feet and legs right now. I certainly understand the reasons for wanting to do just that, yet it is unlikely to be helpful. It is all but certain that you will become "aware" of any number of sxs or changes that will seem new or perhaps just exacerbated.

Just your keenly "observing" your nerves will induce changes, and then you throw in the stress and worry, and there is NO way you can map an objective pattern by then. Of course I would not tell you just to forget about it and not worry - impossible for any of us. But I would try and contain the desire to keep vigil and would encourage you to do anything you can to relax, have fun, etc. to get your attention directed elsewhere, as best as you can, for as long as you can.

I would also like to completely reassure you that your experience is not unique. I can testify to that myself. Some years back, I went through a time where my symptomatic pattern would change quite frequently. And at times, these changes were quite dramatic, that is, appear all of a sudden with intensity. In fact, I had also had the experience of waking up and finding a major change in the distribution of my pain.

And I remember others on the old board who posted with similar experiences. I am convinced that PN can "move" around, and in fact, I think it is probably the norm. Although it may be that most folks don't have such major changes so quickly - as you and I had. I believe that these changes can result when healing or deterioration is occurring. I also believe that healing and deterioration can also happen at the same time, which could also give rise to such changes. And I pretty convinced that these changes can occur without major healing or deterioration taking place.

rfinney
rfinney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote