View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default L.E.D light

Hi John and everyone,
There is another avenue that is less expensive and produces results like the 1072nm lights.

I refer to Quantum Devices NIR lights developed for NASA with DARPA funding. They are located in WI. There is research being conducted using 670nm for Parkinson's.

My mother has Alzheimer's and we have been using the 670nm light on her with noticeable improvements. If we would have had this technology 10 years ago it would have been much better. It seems that reversing the effects of the disease is more profound if the treatment can be started close to the time of diagnosis.

If you go to Quantum Devices page on LED things there is a large amount of clinical research info about NIR light.

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMachoGrande View Post
Hey, Guys!

My name is John Christian and I live in Orange Park, Fl, and I'm known in the hair loss forum world (of all places) as the "laser helmet guy".

Without going into detail, I reverse engineered the professional laser clinic devices and I have an site that tells people how to do-it-yourself in helmet form.

Well, I was adopted at birth, always had a "sixth sense" feeling that I was prone to Parkinson's, and I found my biological family two years ago -and, of course, the person I am the most biologically similar to in appearce (my grandfather) had Parkinson's, and he just passed away from it very recently.

With the article here "Low level light therapy proves promising for Parkinson's treatment" article (I can't post links here yet), I am DEFINITELY INTERESTED in constructing a device for this.

I'm only 36 years old -and my grandfather was 82 when he died- but I'm guessing it's pretty much a sure shot of me getting it based on the other genetics, plus sometimes I think I can just "tell", so I want to jump on this NOW, and hopefully it will be enough to completely prevent the disease.

We've been talking about both the dementia article from last year and the recent Parkinson's article, but I've recently read the full study and found that we were a little "off" in our discussion, and it would indeed take 1072nm LEDs or Laser diodes vs. the 810nm mentioned in the Parkinson's study.

Anyway, I know that you guys have already done A LOT with this, so I'm going to be asking a lot of questions in the future, I'm certainly going to take advantage of your info, and I'm going to be figuring out a way to cheaply do this.

I'm only experienced with laser diodes and not LEDs -LEDs are actually a bit trickier because you need capacitor/resistors unless you buy a panel, whereas the laser modules have the circuit board built in on them- but I'm definitely going to build something like this. If it's easier to just buy the completed panel, I'll do that, but if it's literally pennies on the dollar to make your own panel, I think that this is something that I need to learn how to do!

Anyway, thanks for your information, and I'll be around!

-John (O.M.G.)
mickythenose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote