Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi crombie,
I had the dizziness, not eye pain but weird vision and watery eyes.
For me it was from the vertebral artery getting pinched from muscle spasms and the spasms also pulling on the vertebra caused some issues.

Does your PT mention hard muscles or spasms? Or even triggerpoints?

The focus should get ride of the triggerpoints and spasmed muscles first.
My PTs and chiro used heat, ultra sound, triggerpoint with a slow stretch massage {Myofascial Release}.
What I've read about triggerpoints is - you cannot release or relax a muscle that has a triggerpoint in it.
The TrP must be released first - I was able to reach and work on some of mine myself and used a tennis ball or whatever size fit the best for in my back.
But sometimes you just need a pro to get the tricky ones.
My chiro really helped when he used NIMMO {a type of TRP/deep massage/stretch}techniques on my scalenes & SCM.
Those are near the major neck artery so not really a place to do yourself.

Many here have had a lot of problems with the bands and hand bikes.
those should not even be tried until the pain and symptoms are gone. IMO. Same with any strengthening.

I got down to a 2 on the pain scale before my PTs even mentioned any strengthening at all.
Most of my sx were from multiple RSI's, work postures and sticky fascia, I only had some minor ulnar sx for a few months.
But when we took care of the neck, shoulders & upper back most of my arm & hand sx went away.

Your PT is doing a rib mob diff that the ones I had.

The one I had they placed the whole hand over the top rib and slowly pressed/pushed downward - but maybe because the severe spasms { like locked up}caused my top ribs to pop up and they got stuck up there causing all sorts of extra sx.

My severe spasms made my whole upper body feel like I had a iron vest on, around my ribs, up my neck, across my back.
At the worst of it I had choking feelings , rapid heart beats, feeling like I couldn't breath completely and of course the rock hard muscles.

To tell the truth my chiro was the best help for me, also he uses many PT type modalities - plus upper cervical adjustment & spinal even adjusted my elbow & wrist when needed.

Do you know if you have hyper mobile or lax joints?
that is another reason to be more cautious with strengthening too soon.

for some easy posture stuff I find the sticky post that explains it.

oh and the hurting on the weekends is delayed pain..
When I was still working I would just get feeling better and then back to work started it all over again- an endless cycle until I couldn't recover on the weekends anymore.

useful sticky thread-
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread84.html

post #1 has condensed list of many links
#18 has saved threads and video links
#26 pec minor syndrome info
#34 has a spinal chart showing relationship to body part/organs