View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
I think if I was in the situation, being in a crowded airplane, sitting so close to everyone else, the noise, being nervous because of flying, peoples perfumes and smells, I would have been in sensory overload to begin with. I would have been having a hard time handling it to start, then you add the lady pulling the seat belt and yelling and everything... they would have had to turn the plane around because I would have been beating my head off of the the nearest something hard

I have never went any place in a airplane, the thought of being locked in there and not being able to get away to calm myself, that is scary

I think the airline people need to be trained in dealing with these sort of situations, I mean, I am sure there are many non autisitcs that panic while in a airplane, what do they do then? it seems they need to come up with ways to handle these sort of situations
But what should they be trained to do? I've been dealing with my child's fight or flight for over a decade and I still don't know what to do about it, and having never flown with her, I would not even know what to anticipate. What I have noticed, too, is that frequently even people who are trained to recognize F or F behaviors still are very uncomfortable when they see it happening. So, even if the staff were trained to say, "let it run its course", you're still going to have their responsibility to the other passengers, who haven't the training, to consider.
peglem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote