View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Shelley, you might just be an authentic girl pig. LOL!!!!

Well, it was a bittersweet day at PT, it was my last day with my awesome training team and I'm going to miss those terrific people. They have all been just great and have helped me so much, I feel a huge debt of gratitude toward each one of them.

They were very pleased with the pole walking and could see good potential for building balance and repairing my posture. We retested my times on the obstacle course with walker/cane/poles and my times were all good, but slower with the poles. They said that it's early to test me on "four-point" walking, but definitely agreed with my using them. I was glad to have their endorsement because I am seriously digging the poles.

I was kind of sad because today my goal was to get up off the ground with nothing to climb on, but, I just couldn't do it. They gave me some more maneuvers to practice with at home. No one was especially hopeful, but nor did they think it impossible with time and practice.

Sal: I asked about the potential benefits of using the system just for leg training in your situation and the overall response was that you should definitely ask your neuro for a scrip and at least go try them out. One gal even thought that if you were to be quite diligent with a set of exercises, you might just find yourself wanting to hook up your shoes and give it a go.

The training mode works without the shoe part, so you can definitely use it with bare feet. I do it every day.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (07-30-2009), SallyC (07-29-2009), soxmom (07-30-2009)