View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 08:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Elimination diet. I'm sure you've seen that thread as I just bumped it yesterday. We tried it because it wasn't invasive. We honestly did not expect it to work at all!! I can still recall my surprise when we saw our first really clear reaction (almost seizure-like) upon reintroducing oats. I was SO shocked... esp. at oats... of all things. I thought that if we saw something, it would be eggs or nuts or something that everybody talks about.

That's saying nothing about things that we thought had nothing to do, at all, with food reaction. (joint stiffness, muscle aches, excess ear wax, etc.)

Other foods that contribute in our house are: refined sugar, complex sugar (starch), whole grains, dairy, etc.

Now, gut pain... I remember a lady on the obt who had something like that. She was quite active and so the 'pain in her side' really bothered her. Her screen-name was bikerblue. If I remember correctly, for a long time she kept saying that she thought it was corn and would take it out but I don't think she made sure to avoid it right down to the last molecule. I believe she finally did and was finally pain free... but it took her a long time to work up enough 'disgust' to finally 'really be strict' about it. I could be wrong and hopefully some oldies will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was how her story went. Corn is a toughy and means that pretty much all pre-packaged food is out.

So back to where I began... elimation diet.

HTH
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 01-02-2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: tmi
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote