View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 08:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
She does many different types of fascia work and PT with me. She has enabled me to walk again. How does everyone feel about chiropractics and any ideas on how I can keep continuing to use it in my future and get workers comp to pay for it. I went six months without it and I've gone down the tubes. I appreciate all your help.

I:
Is there a way that the kind of therapy she is performing could be coded so that is WOULD be acceptable to WC? Like so many of the replies above explained, there are different types of chiropractic care. She is performing "fascia and PT." On the medical forms for payment there are certain codes that are universally used these days for payment. Even though a chiropractor is doing the work, can you use the PT code? WC might not give you such a hard time under those circumstances.

But then again, its WC and they stink big time.

Its awful that you've been forced to go six months without a therapy that helped you. When WC denied my PT, I used my personal insurance to pay for coverage until it was reinstated. (I still have not been reimbursed for my co-pays).

I am currently hoping that I can get into a ketamine program in Boston or NY in the next year, before I've had RSD too long. I still need to educate my kids. I know it won't work forever, and there are risks. But its typically more successful in cases where RSDers haven't been sick for a really long time. Plus, my RSD is in my head, which is probably the worst place you could get it, because my head hurts all the time. I think you are really lucky to have an opportunity to at least try it. For some people it is a godsend.

Even with ketamine, I think you will still need your therapy, though, so persist in getting your therapist (i.e.-chiropractor) back. It's just a matter of semantics.

Good luck to you, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote