View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

LOL! You know what that reminds me of?

Back earlier this year, when things were on and off for her (when I was very concerned I may have to put her down), she'd get her temp checked daily during meals, even if she was acting okay, as I wanted to be on top of things and know right away if she was headed back into a problem. While she's eating, I have one end distracted so I can insult the other end with the thermometer (well, I didn't do it to insult her, but she didn't really like it, understandably). Anyway one day I was going to put the thermometer back in the case, and I dropped the cap on the floor. She quickly made off with it, and swallowed it.

Because I 1) thought I'd try to rescue the thermometer cap, and 2) didn't think it would do her any favors in her abdomen, since it tends to get stressed during an episode, I decided to induce vomiting with some hydrogen peroxide. Remember she'd just eaten. So I leashed her to the kitchen table (so she wouldn't go off and puke on the carpet) and gave her 5ml of hydrogen peroxide. I waited for her to puke, which she did a few minutes later. She brought up her meal, but unfortunately not the thermometer cap (yes, I searched through the puke). It probably just went through and got pooped out.
Lauren (Aspigander) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote