View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 10:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Doesn't have to be..

I understood that it doesn't have to be physcian referral from conversation I had in one of the waiting rooms while I was there, but you will expect to have to wait a long time for an appointment. I waited almost 5 months for mine. It was physcian referral. And..I was turned down at first because they felt they had nothing to offer me. Which was a "graceful" out because they have more people than appointment time. It was truly a miracle that a physcian friend of mine interceded and pleaded the case too that I got accepted.

And I am to go back up there for a two week period of theraphy that one of the doctors wants me to do and I'm having to wait until late April for that appointment.

And it is not cheap. We just got the first of the bills and they run over $25,000.00 all total. And that's not all of it. We're not sure how much the insurance will cover. You also have to be willing to stay as long as they want you to. I went up there for what I thought would be a three day stay and wound up staying one and half weeks. I'm not sure where you would be traveling from or how you would travel. We had to go by a rented van. Travel time and motel/hotel cost bills are coming in too. It looks like the cost of the hotel/motel/car rental/gasoline bills for us are around $3500.00.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote