View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart hope things improve : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee028 View Post
Hi. I'm new and thought maybe I could look here for help. I've gained 20 pounds in a week. I think it's from Lyrica - a new med. my doc gave me. Of course his office is closed now for 3 days. I'm still gaining although I've stopped taking Lyrica. I've only been on it for less than 2 weeks. I've even tried doing a "cleanse" to help detox myself. No luck. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks!
Hi, I am soooo sympathetic. ((((((((((((((leelee)))))))))))

When I was put on antidepressants years ago, without being told that the side effects were weight gain and hair loss... I was delighted not to be depressed. But then, what's more depressing than weight gain and hair loss? So to me it was a major wash. (or would have been if I hadn't gained 60 pounds)

About 7 years later a doctor put me on Prozac for women, called Sarafem, saying it would help me lose weight.

What it really did was give me double incontinence.

I think your cleanse idea is a good one, that's what I tried to do after the Serafem. But it wasn't very fast to clear up all the problems.

I have a question, do you take Methylcobalamin at all?

When I was very B12 deficient my legs hurt so much that I couldn't sleep more than a couple hours a day. They also felt like spiders were crawling on them.

I've been trying to illustrate how fingernails can reflect low B12. You might want to take a look at the page I've been working on:
http://health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernail-Lines.html

There are a lot of symptoms of low B12. Take a look at the list and see if any of them are familiar to you... there's a link in the December 30 picture's caption to a pretty complete symptoms page.

((((((((((((((((((leelee))))))))))))))))))))